Friday, March 11, 2011

Home again

I've been trying to think of the best way to summarize the experience and trip to visit the townships in South Africa.  It is not an easy task.  There are so many challenges that the people in the townships face - even after having seen it I find it hard to understand.

I think it is best captured this way.  I'm not normally one to quote scripture or bible passages - but there is a song sung in church growing up that states 'whatsoever you do, to the least of (God's) people, that you do unto Me.' 

The people in the townships are the least of God's people. 

The centers provided by MaAfrika Tiikkun reach out into the communities of the least of God's people and find the people in most need, and provide a helping hand.  They stand as a beacon of light in a area in such turmoil and desperation - where hopelessness abounds.

If you are just now reading this blog - I suggest you start at the first entry and work your way up.  It will provide the best view I can into the work done by this wonderful organization. 

I then hope you consider supporting their efforts by reaching deep and donating here:  http://www.firstgiving.com/mattweger

No comments:

Post a Comment